Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

have just bought a grundig sonoclock660 but it loses about

have just bought a grundig sonoclock660 but it loses about 2 hours every day. rather than send it back is there anything I can try?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No you cant sorry, and even opening it will void the warranty so you would not want to do this.
You received a faulty clock sorry but it will be covered under the warranty, so it will be replaced under this at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was going to send it back anyway but thought there was something simple I could try (I am not gadget savvy) and often ai am told of a simple trick that works.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Not for this issue, its the timing component so they will test this and replace the main board. There is no simple trick for this problem, its actually a major fault for it.
Let me know if you need anything else please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem
Please click one of the smiley faces or stars please to rate my service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

radio now working perfectly. It seems to have been something to do with syncronising the RDS

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not satisfactory answer. Found solution myself. your answer was wrong
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Answer given was incorrect. There is no need to replace the main board! Have now syncronised the RDS system and clock now keeps perfect time.