Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

have just bought a grundig sonoclock660 but it loses about

have just bought a grundig sonoclock660 but it loses about 2 hours every day. rather than send it back is there anything I can try?
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No you cant sorry, and even opening it will void the warranty so you would not want to do this.
You received a faulty clock sorry but it will be covered under the warranty, so it will be replaced under this at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was going to send it back anyway but thought there was something simple I could try (I am not gadget savvy) and often ai am told of a simple trick that works.

Not for this issue, its the timing component so they will test this and replace the main board. There is no simple trick for this problem, its actually a major fault for it.
Let me know if you need anything else please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thanks

No problem
Please click one of the smiley faces or stars please to rate my service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

radio now working perfectly. It seems to have been something to do with syncronising the RDS

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not satisfactory answer. Found solution myself. your answer was wrong
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Answer given was incorrect. There is no need to replace the main board! Have now syncronised the RDS system and clock now keeps perfect time.