Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

how do i delete the double tap on calls?

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your device?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the model of my mobile is samsung ace 4. how do i delete the keypad from both incoming and out going calls?

Was it working fine previously?

Are you still able to receive calls fine? Are you still able to make calls fine?

Did you make any change recently to your phone that may have caused the issue?

Can you please press & hold the power on/off button, then select Restart option, then check, then let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have tried what you said and there is still the same. i have a padlock to tap twice when i want to make or a answer any calles.

Sorry. Did you have to tap twice previously on this phone?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have only had the mobile for 3 weeks. i have to tap the phone twice. i have problems ending calls.

Can you go to Settings, (then Device), then Accessibility, then make sure everything is off there, then check? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

gone into settings, device , but i dont have accessibility !

Sorry. Scroll down, and/or check all other tabs / options, such as General, etc., and see if you see Accessibility option there.

KK - Icon - Apps Apps > Icon Settings Settings > Accessibility Settings Icon Accessibility.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

found what you sugested and found accesibility. now what?

Great. Can you make sure all options are turned off there, such as TalkBack, then check? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

turned off talkback

Are you able to make a call or receive a call with single tap or single slide now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can tap the phone once to answer. the problems is when i want to cancel the call.

What happens when you cancel the call? You still have to tap twice to cancel? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have to press the lock twice to end the call.

So you have to tap twice on the red phone icon to end?

Can you go Accessibility, then check the option "Answer/ending calls" and/or option "Single tap mode". Play around with those two options and check.

Usually, this has to do with some settings in Accessibility. Please let me know; I will troubleshoot further as needed. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

to end a call i have to tap the lock twice. the lock is white. it dosent switch off unless i press main button at the bottom of the phone.

Sorry, can you please check the two options I've provided previously? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried the settings and got the phone to make a call and that is ok now. just still the same problem when i want to end the call. the screen goes off i have too press main button at the bottom of the phone. i cant use the keypad whist during a call.

Sorry, it is strange as it's a new phone. Can you reset the phone to factory default and check? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have tried that already.

I'm sorry; it looks like you have gotten a bad phone as you have already reset it fresh with factory settings. Have you checked with the store where you've purchased the phone from? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my phone came through the post via an up grade. i will try the store for information on the problem. thank you for your help.

You're welcome. With a brand-new phone, it's supposed to just work correctly right away, so unfortunately, you got a bad one; they should replace it for you. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service below? Thank you very much for your patience.