Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a newly purchased 42wB15bsuLed TV. It was professionally

I have a newly purchased 42wB15bsuLed TV. It was professionally installed on Friday,
Now when turned on it shows an arrow in the top left corner and HDMI/MHL. On first turning on there is a reference to a software update being successful but settings may have changed. The latter notice disappears on the TV being turned on the next time.
Previously the SKY remote was effective but now it will activate nothing.
Or do I have to consult SKY?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay- just back from Church to see whether the Good Lord might help.

I fear no change after trying your suggestion. I do not understand these things but is it possible the SKY remote has packed up? I replaced the batteries. (I have a SKY yearly maintenance policy)

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks James for the info.
Yes, Sky remote could be defective, can you please try to connect a DVD player to TV (if possible) and playback a disc to see if TV shows its picture correctly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not often use DVDs but I made this work satisfactorily- so a picture is shown.

Over to you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks James for info.
DVD test proves that TV itself is just fine and problem lies in Sky Box as software update compromise the Sky box firmware for some reason so please call your service provider and ask them to swap the Sky box that will help to resolve the problem.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will do that. You have tried hard to help- thank you

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.