dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

How can I connect my sony st-3 soundbar to my panasonic PT-AT6000e

Customer Question

how can I connect my sony st-3 soundbar to my panasonic PT-AT6000e projector to improve the sound by bypassing the projector's inbuilt speakers? I am already connectoing my blu-ray player to the projector with a HDMI cable.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!The projector should have an auxiliary audio output to connect to your soundbar...you should be able to connect the two via a 3.5mm audio cable
Actually, I apologize, I looked at the incorrect model specs.
The Panasonic PT-AT6000e actually does not have an audio out port. So what you would actually want to do is connect your soundbar to your blu ray player.
Dependent on the model of your blu ray player you may need to connect it via 3.5mm audio cable, or possibly and RCA component cable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The bl-ray player is a Sony BDP-S7200 which has a red 3.5mm female socket with DIGITAL OUT COAXIAL PCM/DTS/DOLBY DIGITAL marked on it. The only other sockets are USB, HDMI out and Lan (100).

So you should be able to use the red 3.5mm female socket to connect to your sound bars 3.5mm female socket using a 3.5mm audio aux cable
This is the cable I am referring to: http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Male-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B000Q6EBNU
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you or your advise. As I am awaiting delivery of my projector I am unable to do as you advise but it appears to be the logical solution. Perhaps I can come back to you if it dos't solve the issue in a couple of weeks time.

Very many thanks, R

No problem, please do let me know if you need more assistance! Glad I was able to help