Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

K radio .Setup internet with BT hub 5 . I have . Network

K radio .Setup internet with BT hub 5 . I have . Network BTHub5-93MR password ***** admin password ***** when trying to set it up (apart from not understanding some phrases) it asks for a Key this BT hub is not supplied with one . The old hub 3 (not now used) used to have one but this hub 5 does not. Probably me getting senile. But I keep hitting a brick wall in trying to set up internet radio.

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. So you've tried all passwords / keys located on the BT Hub device and it did not work right?

Do you also have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Do you also have a windows or mac computer?

If yes, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can retrieve your bt hub modem's wi-fi / wireless password ***** through your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a windows computer

Thank you. ***** connect remotely to your computer, so I can retrieve your BT Hub modem's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** through your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d73eff18-4bad-4836-8e28-517847363679

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you

Working on issue, thank you.

Per our conversation, here are the instructions for how to change your wireless / Wi-Fi password. I recommend to connect an Ethernet / network cable from the computer to the BT Hub temporarily before doing this. After changing the wireless password, you can click on the wireless / network icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then select / connect to your BT Hub 5 network name, and enter the new password.

- How to change wireless / Wi-Fi password:

1. Click on the website below:

http://bthomehub.home/

2. Click on Settings menu.

3. Enter the admin password, then click on OK to log in. (The admin password ***** ***** at the back/bottom of the BT Hub modem; it is case-sensitive.)

4. Click on the Wireless option

5. Then you can change the security password ***** key there.

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.