michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My samsung S5 is stuck in a kids app and I can do absolutely

my samsung S5 is stuck in a kids app and I can do absolutely nothing but play this game. it will not let me out. i have tried restarting the phone and had the battery out, still stuck? Thanks in advance, Alan.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Remove the battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds without the battery.
wait for 30 seconds after releasing the power button and then insert the battery and turn it on.
let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle, I did what you suggested but it is still the same.

Looks like the android itself it stuck or the internal file looks corrupted however you will loose all your data and phone memory as we have to reset the galaxy s5 to factory default then only you will be able to use the phone back.
let me know if that is fine then i can give you the factory reset steps.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is fine with me

Power off the phone and wait for 10 seconds
Then you push 3 buttons together
Volume Up + Home key and the power button
first your left hand push the volume up key and the main home key using two fingers and push it down do not release it and then push power key dont release till you see an android robot then you release all the keys
now you will see uptions on the screen use the volume to to select wipe data/factory reset and press power button once selected then select yes using the vol button wiat until the phone restart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPYGEEa6Fo&ab_channel=GSM-ABC
check the above given link for video steps.