Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

We have a TH-42PZ85B TV from 2010 and I am trying to connect

we have a TH-42PZ85B TV from 2010 and I am trying to connect it with a sound bar but cannot get a signal via a HDMI cable. is the port on the TV ARC ready or will i need to use an optical cable?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is*****'m an electronic engineer I wil lbe happy to help you today, Could you provide the model of the sound bar? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

LG, model 4540, 4.1 channels, 320W

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is an LG sound bar, model NB 4540, 4.1 channels, 320W with wireless connection to the sub woofer

Hello Thansk for the reply, Yes, the best option is to use the optical cable output of your TV. The main problem is that protocols are different, VIera link and SMP link, the configuration is quite complicated. Also, the audio quality will be the best with optical cable. Simply use a optical cable to connect the "Audio optical output" of the TV to the Sound bar. You can also use a normal RCA cable to transmit sound from the TV to the sound bar-the connectors are called "To Audio Amp" at the back of the TV. However I would not recommend this, because the sound quality is much lower than using optical connection. Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise please rate my answer using the stars
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked, thank you.