Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

What is a "server"? LG

What is a "server"?
LG
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is***** will be happy to help you today A computer or device on a network that manages network resources. There are many different types of servers. For example:File server: a computer and storage device dedicated to storing files. Any user on the network can store files on the server.Print server: a computer that manages one or more printers, and a network server is a computer that manages network traffic.Database server: a computer system that processes database queries.Servers are often dedicated, meaning that they perform no other tasks besides their server tasks. On multiprocessing operating systems, however, a single computer can execute several programs at once. A server in this case could refer to the program that is managing resources rather than the entire computer. Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please use the stars to rate my answer