Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic TX-39A300B TV bought two weeks ago and working fine

Panasonic TX-39A300B TV bought two weeks ago and working fine until this morning, the screen first of all went half black then a few minutes later totally black, I still have sound and am using a sky box, can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, can you remove the TV from the power and wait 10 minutes,
Then connect the power and turn on the TV and tell me if it now functions correctly please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have just unplugged it now... will wait ten minutes and get back to you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Ann
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richie... just plugged tv back in and switched on but again, just sound no picture :(

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ann, it confirms the problem
It is the back light for the screen that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have the light replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.