Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I inherited a small samsung tv and have moved it to a different

I inherited a small samsung tv and have moved it to a different part of the Country. When I turn it on it says "weak or no signal" Presumably needs retuning. But when I press menu I don’t get the list a shown in Manual i.e. Picture, Sound, Channel, Setup, Input, Application, Support ; it just displays Mode.
Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
As the first step, can you remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes
Then connect the power, turn it on and try to get to the menu.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that over several days and in different rooms and it makes no difference. Every time I try again I get 'weak or no signal' and when I press menu it goes only to Mode.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Penny.
If even the menu is not coming up, it confirms the problem the internal memory that has faulted as it cannot read from it.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the TV. The warranty is only 2 years and as you indicated you inherited it, it is likely older then that and a repair for this TV is just not worth it.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.