Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an LG Television i think about 28 inches, and it's plasma

Customer Question

I have an LG Television i think about 28 inches, and it's plasma or LCD, sorry can't quite remember. it's just a freeview tv, nothing fancy, but apparently when i rang LG, they told me what was wrong. the tv is nearly 5 years old by the way. they said the Main Board had gone, i.e. broken. all i can see is purple on the screen, all the colour has gone and it's hard to see the picture. i didn't know if i can find a tv guy to mend this problem or just buy a new tv maybe? thank you, ***** ***** could get back to me . very appreciative jessica
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Jessica and welcome
To be honest, if the TV is 5 years old and its the mainboard that has failed, you are best to just purchase a replacement TV. The reason is sourcing the board is a challange, plus you have labour costs, and you will only get a limited warranty (1 month)
Considering the costs of a new TV are quite low at the moment, I strongly advise on a replacement.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks so much, i thought it might be that, to get a new tv, and i didn't want to waste time getting someone out and paying labour charges. thanks again, i'll take your advise.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome, plus they are much better quality now too.
Let me know if you need anything else.
and please remember the service rating by clicking one of the stars or smiley faces please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oh so sorry i did rate this, but obviously didn't press submit or something, right i'll try again. thanks again. jessica

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i don't think i email and rate, so i'm trying again, as i did rate you before, sorry about that thanks again jessica

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Got it now, thanks Jessica!