Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Tom tom go 910 it flashes a red circle with a white cross in

tom tom go 910 it flashes a red circle with a white cross in and wont do anything else .. ive tried to re-boot but it still the same
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, try to run the Flash tool on the Tom Tom, which you do via your computer by following the steps on my link below
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6178/kw/clear%20flash%20tool
Can you do this please and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that I down loaded the flash drive
I turned the Tom Tom off and then back on and it's still the same
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Robert, it confirms the problem
It is the internal memory that has faulted in the unit.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the device to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.