Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic TZ35 camera. The external "shutter" has

I have a Panasonic TZ35 camera. The external "shutter" has jammed half open. It will not close or open fully. When I switch the camera on it says "system error. (Zoom)". Is there an easy fix or do I need to take it to a camera repair centre.
Alan
*****@******.***
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Try to push it with your finger. this an get it to move again if the motor siezed, You can use some force.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry. No luck. When I switch it on the zoom bit goes in and out but shutter remains half shut.
Is the shutter in two halves I.e. From above and below? If so, bottom half does not come up.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Alan
Looks like either the drive motor is faulting or one of the gear wheels has broken.
You will need to take it in for a repair but get a price first. A gear wheel is not to expensive but the drive motor can exceed the value of replacing the camera, especially when you take into account the limited warranty you get.
But it will need to be taken in for a repair sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.