Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Samsung CLX-2160 laser printer, BLACK ONLY PRINTS ON EDGE OF

Samsung CLX-2160 laser printer, BLACK ONLY PRINTS ON EDGE OF PAGE colors are ok., have changed black cartridge but still the same is this something I can fix?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you mean it only starts to print black and then the black fades out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If called to print a page it will only print the black down the sides and fades to clear in the centre

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave, its the Drum that has worn out that causes this.
You are going to have to replace this (its a consumable like the Toner) If the warranty is still valid, this will be covered by warranty and done at no cost to you. Else you can purchase a replacement here
Click me to view
Once replaced, it will then print correctly again.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is this a common problem? as this printer is only 20 months old, the link you gave for a replacement said not available to purchase online only from store and no store listed for UK?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
They all wear out after a while, average is 20,000 pages.
I have sourced a store in the UK here for you
http://www.printerbase.co.uk/acatalog/clx-2160_clx-2160n_consumables.php#a2868
Its the second last item (CLX-2160 Image Unit (20,000 pages @ 5% coverage*))