Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My TV model LE26R74BD can no longer find a signal. I have tried

My TV model LE26R74BD can no longer find a signal. I have tried another aerial lead from another TV which is working. Any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power from the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power to the TV and turn it on and tell me if you now can get a signal please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done as you suggested but I still have no signal
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you plug another TV into the Areial connection, does that TV get a connection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal tuner in the TV that has faulted, we have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just tried to remove the power for a couple of minutes again and then the TV got a signal for a few minutes and then lost it again. I assume that this is still the internal tuner?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, it is shorting out after it builds a certain charge.