Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung GT-S5830i wont connect to my computer despite reinstalling

Customer Question

my Samsung GT-S5830i wont connect to my computer despite reinstalling kies comes up with driver problem in both devices and after kies troubleshooting
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please when it was last able to connect and which version of windows you are running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows 7 afew days ago

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave,
First step is to start with a system restore to undo any corruption that has occurred.
To do this, close all programs
Click start and type in
system restore
press enter
Follow the onscreen steps and perform a system restore, choosing a restore date from before when it last connected ok.
Once completed, check if the phone now connects.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please