*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.6 will not fire up beyond coming

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.6 will not fire up beyond coming up with the name samsung on the screen, it will do nothing else!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try a hard reset on the tablet. Follow these steps please>

• Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
  • Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
  • On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory resetoption (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
  • Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing thePower button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
  • On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes -- delete all user data option is highlighted.
  • Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung tablet device,
  • Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
    After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
    Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has not worked, for the last hour it has been stuck on a page that says it is downloading but nothing is happening. In the top left hand corner in red it says Odin Mode then product code GT -P5110 then Custom Binary download : No then Current Binary : Samsuung Offiial The the middle of the screen is the green android figure then Downloading do not turn off target, but as I say it has been like that for an hour, nothing happening .... Sorry I now have a totally blank screen that responds to nothing

Okay, unfortunately that means the firmware is corrupted. The only option will be to have the firmware reloaded. Do you have a smartphone/tablet repair center near you. If not let me know your address and I will get you the nearest locations.