Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony bravia 32" TV and the picture extends beyond

I have a Sony bravia 32" TV and the picture extends beyond the width if the TV screen - looks like I'm losing 2 to 3 inches at either side. Can it be readjusted?
Max
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the picture size problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Shahid,

It's model number KDL-32EX403;

It's connected to a sky box and DVD and video players; and

I think it affects all but only sure about the TV as match scores and names only partly appear.

It's been like for a long time but to busy to bother with till now.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Max for the info.
Have you tried to push Aspect/Size button a few times on Sony TV remote, it is 4th button down under the power button on top right of TV remote and has screen symbol with arrows on all 4 directions. Push this button a few times to get different screen size and leave it that gives best fit picture on screen.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Shahid it does give the different screen sizes but it still loses information at the sides (e.g. even on 4:3 setting). Q: not sure how to adjust when on zoom position if it does adjust at all, as the name suggests?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Max,
Please find a button on Sky box remote that might labeled as Format or Aspect or Zoom or HDzoom or Wide etc and try that to see if it gives good picture size while having TV set on Zoom.
Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got it! And did it all from the sky remote. It does not have the button you describe but I used the services button/system set up/picture settings/picture format and changed it from 4:3 to 4.3L.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent, glad to know that problem is resolved, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

P.S. 16:9 is a better format as it retains the information and does not lose picture size! I will give you a positive rating in my final response - thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Correct, your TV can display 16:9 ratio picture which is HD format.