dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

How do I connect wireless headphones to JVC LT-40C551 without

How do I connect wireless headphones to JVC LT-40C551 without using the headphone jack as to do so would prevent others from hearing the tv. I have in the past used a scart connection but there is only one scart on this tv. I can hear the live tv but NOT THE SOUND from the DVD recorder/player. Any suggestion would be appreciated. I am very hard of hearing and rely on the headphones. Thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Can you let me know how you have it connected exactly at this time? Since you mentioned that you can hear live TV but not the DVD player. Then I could probably better figure out how to get this working right for you.
The best solution might be to use a splitter of some kind, but I would need to know better how you have all of your components set up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not being technically minded I have given as much information as I can. It is obvious that a means of switching between dvd sound and tv sound must be found but I already had that in place on the old JVC set by (a) using two sepaarate scart scokets on the set and theability via the remote to access settings and achieve the switchover.

Thanks for that information, so yes since you are limited to one scart on the new TV, you would need to try something like this :http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-Splitter-Way-Non-Switched-Support/dp/B000I2JW1I This splitter would give you the ability to use both sound outputs at the same time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for then information I will contact Amazon direct thro my account with them. Can you please e-mail me the details of the splitter as I am unable at present to take note of it.

I cannot email direct without additional services, but if you go to your email you should be able to find a link to return to the transcript of this chat with the link and details.
I can offer additional service for a direct email with details, I can leave that up to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

IAgain thanks. I have now managed to take the details of the splitter.if this works you will deserve a round of applause.

Great, thanks, ***** ***** works well. Please do rate my service here if you don't mind when you have a chance. Thanks for using Just Answer and best of luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay I was eating my tea! Excellent service and a speedy response despite the unfortunate lack of information that I was able to give. Would, if necessary have no hesitation in calling upon 'Just Answer' again. Bye

No problem! Please do leave a positive rating, would really be appreciated!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought I had completed a rating yesterday, but here it is. Very impressed with the diligence and care taken in examining the problem and the speedy response. I hope the answer is just that! Should the need arise I would have no hesitation in contacting you again. Many thanks.

Hmm, not sure why, but seems like the rating hasn't gone through. Please let me know if you still have trouble with it. And thanks for the kind words! Glad you are satisfied with the service!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hope the message got thro Regards

Yes, thanks. Have a great one!