dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

My Pioneer avic D3 sat nav system will not read the sat nav

Customer Question

My Pioneer avic D3 sat nav system will not read the sat nav disc.How can i fix this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Do you get any kind of error when it tries to read the disc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"Reading Error"

Thanks for that info, have you tried putting in a Video DVD to see if it can process it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It Still comes up with "Reading Error"

Great, thanks, ***** ***** works well. Please do rate my service here if you don't mind when you have a chance. Thanks for using Just Answer and best of luck!
Sorry about this, some reason the system sent you the wrong reply.
So if it is still saying "reading error" definitely something is wrong with the disc reader. First thing you can try is a reset of the unit: When the unit is powered on, hold in the CD/DVD eject button for about 30 seconds. This may do the trick of resetting the drive.I would suggest powering down the unit and then back up again after you do this with no disc in the radio.
If that does not work, the next thing I would try is ordering a cleaning disc, which you insert and it will clean the reader on the DVD unit.
Sorry again, I Saw that you already had tried a cleaning disc. So yes please try the reset to see if that does anything.