*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My playstation 4 turns on then off straight away it also makes

My playstation 4 turns on then off straight away it also makes a beep sound could you tell me what the problem is thankyou
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please>Power off your PS4 by pressing the power button until the PS4 powers off. You know the PS4 is off when the light is off. Be certain the PS4 is off before you continue.
Unplug all of the cables from the PS4. This includes the power cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, optical cable, etc.
Then plug in the power cable only and no other cable.
Press and hold the power button until the PS4 beeps twice. It will beep, then beep again in a few seconds. A few seconds later, the blue light will turn white. Then reconnect your cables and see if it works normally.
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.
After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It hasnt worked the machine beeps once blue light comes on then turns off.

okay, try Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode
Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
Safe Mode Options
The following options are available in Safe Mode:
Restart System - Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
Change Resolution - Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
Update System Software - Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
Restore Default Settings - Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
Rebuild Database - Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
Initialize PS4 - IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step.
Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [Initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) - IMPORTANT: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. Click here to download the reinstallation version of PS4 system software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It still hasnt worked the machine bleeps once then turns off before the second bleep

okay, try a different hdmi cord and also try using another compatible AC cord (like a power cord from a PS3) to see if that resolves the issue
Check the hdmi and power ports for any conspicuous damage or anomalies also.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still not working

okay, unfortunately this sounds like the hardware is faulty. This may be covered under the Sony warranty. Please contact PlayStation Support on
0203(###) ###-####and give the PS4 serial number for repair instructions.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!