Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Trying to locate the on/off button on my TV serial number A20PO1Y08094C1

Trying to locate the on/off button on my TV serial number A20PO1Y08094C1 Have had to buy new remote as mine stopped working could not get original one got one for all set remote up okay but it says need to switch TV on manually not standby but cannot find switch to do this hope you can help OAP not very technical I'm afraid Anita x
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
It looks like you sent a serial number, what is the model number of the TV?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

198V/500B tho that 8 could be a B number very small on back of TV sorry !

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not it either please give me all numbers you can find on it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also on back of TV tho doesn't say what they are 66056396' 000 143, 100684351005143 and 10068435 1005 that's all x fingers crossed x

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately none of those are it either. What brand is it? I can give you general areas where the power button could be that you could check as well. First check the left and right side of the TV. Some have the buttons on the side. Next see if there is a panel you can flip down on the front some have buttons hidden behind a panel there for aesthetic reasons. Another possibility is if it has touch buttons, if it does near the small LED on the front press your finger and the power button should be around there. If none of these works give me the brand and I will send you images of the types they use. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will try what you have said its a Toshiba x what do I do if I can't locate it your response would be ...............

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Check the side as I mentioned before it could be those 3 different types however most Toshiba models have it on the side:

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_media.bestofmicro.com/6/P/464209/original/Toshiba-Ports.jpg

Some have the buttons on the side. Next see if there is a panel you can flip down on the front some have buttons hidden behind a panel there for aesthetic reasons. Another possibility is if it has touch buttons, if it does near the small LED on the front press your finger and the power button should be around there. If none of these works give me the brand and I will send you images of the types they use. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Freddie none of those suggestions work I do have the larger model in my longer the one I have probs with is smaller the bigger one has images on the front to switch on and off manually doesn't make sense eh but thank you for trying to help x Anita

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you send me a picture of it?
.