Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Dvd recorder dmr-ex83eb problem. The hand control( new batteries

dvd recorder dmr-ex83eb problem. The hand control( new batteries etc) does not control the functions. On starting TV shows "new channel available etc"with the option to select yes or No to reset OR TO ACCEPT. No response when either option is selected.nO RESPONSE TO rETURN BUTTON EITHER Controller does not open Direct Nagigator, function Selection. or Gguide. Drive select shows DVD HARD DISK 1 AND ALTERNATIVELY hard disk DVD 2. aFTER A FEW MINUTES THIS REVERTS TO THE FIRST MESSAGE.
mY NON EXPERT VIEW IS THAT THE REMOTE CONTOLLER HAS SOME MALFUNCTION?
Tried the suggestions in the manual to re set on Page 87 but this did not work either.
Any suggestions welcome. Thanks
Richard Palmer
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, remove the power from the recorder and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power to the recorder, turn the recorder on and tell me if the remote now operates correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apologies for the break in communication. I UNPLUGGED RECORDER FOR 15 MINS, IT CLOSED DOWN, STARTED AGAIN BUT MADE NO DIFFERENCE TO THE CONTOLLER FUNCTIONS.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Richard and thanks.
To check, as some functions require more light signals on the remote hence more power, have you put new batteries in the remote to ensure this is not the cause? If not, can you please and test if you still have the issue.
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NEW BATTERIES INSERTED. vOLTAGE CHECKED WITH MULTIMETER. aLL READING 1.57.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, on the recorder open the flap and you should see the channel up and down buttons.
Hold these in for 6 seconds then release while the recorder is on.
This should then reset the recorder and you will need to set it up again.
Do this and once done tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

RICHARD,

pRESSED BOTH BUTTONS, NOW GOING THROUGH CHANNEL RESET. aUTO RESET IN OPERATION.

wHAT NEXT?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Check if you still have the problem please Richard
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Power save in Standby showing on screen. The ok button, return button do not make any change to screen message

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Then it points to the remote as faulting Richard and will need replacement, we have ruled everything else out.
You can purchase a replacement remote from my link below
Click me to open
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Richard,

I just ordered one from Amazon -Hope it works.

Many thanks for your help.

Richard Palmer

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Richard, thats the cheapest place to get it