Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have a 26 inch Toshiba TV. While watching a programme it

We have a 26 inch Toshiba TV. While watching a programme it suddenly cut out and seemed to have no power. I unplugged it and re-p,urged it and tried to turn in on using the start button on the TV itself but nothing!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you unplug the TV from the power and hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release
Then connect the power to the TV and try to turn it on
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ritchie!
Sadly absolutely nothing happens when I do that!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal power supply or mainboard that has faulted.
A build up of residue power can cause this but we have now ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have a hardware diagnostics performed and the faulting component replaced.
It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - I feared that was the case. Thks for the confirmation!