Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Printer continues to leave white streaks on the black printafter

Customer Question

printer continues to leave white streaks on the black printafter cleaning and deep cleaning and replacing black ink with a new black ink
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please tell me the make and model of the printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HP Photosmart 5520

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we cant remove and manually clean the printhead on this
Are these genuine HP cartridges?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

compatible ink refills

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this can commonly be the cause John
Either its these cartridges (even though they have worked in the past these may be faulty) or the printhead has faulted in the printer and will need to be replaced.
To confirm this, I need you please to use the authentic cartridge to see if you still get the streaks so that we can confirm if it is the print head or the cartridges that are the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

regret I have none available, will need to buy online, may take a couple of days.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem John
I have marked this question to never close so there is no time limit on this.
But, if still with the correct cartridge you get the streaks then you know the print head in the printer has faulted and this will need to be replaced.
This will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.