Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic Viera 32" flat screen tv Model no TX32LXD70.

Hi, I have a Panasonic Viera 32" flat screen tv Model no TX32LXD70. I turned on the tv tonight and all that happened was the red power light come on (constant) and screen stayed blank. Can you help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I was not sure if you did this but remove the power from the Viera and wait 10 minutes for residue power to drain.
Then connect the TV to the power and try to turn it on now.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for the delay in reply.

I have tried this with no change

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Ray
You still have just the red light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes constant red light

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem Ray
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A residue power can cause this, but we have ruled this out. This is what the red light is indicating.
I am really sorry about this but you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.