Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Samsung galaxy gt-7510 will not start after factory reset any

Customer Question

Samsung galaxy gt-7510 will not start after factory reset any ideas what to do please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you now power off the Galaxy
Then hold the volume up and power, is it able to get to the recovery menu?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes been through all that

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we can then try to flash the phone as this is the only remaining step, but first before we do this is it under warranty still as this voids it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no 4yrs old & its a Samsung galaxy tablet model GT-7510 not a phone

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I did not look up the model as it is missing the P I see now, but its all the same for all the android devices between tablets and phones and I nearly always have phones here.
What we do is try to flash the stock image onto the Tablet via the computer.
To do this, you have to have a windows computer.
Then do the following please.
Download the firmware you want to downgrade to at the following site
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
You enter in the model GT-P7510 as you forgot the P
Download the UK one 3rd from bottom
Once the download is complete, extract the firmware file to a place you will remember, like a folder on your desktop.
Download Odin. Odin is a simple utility that is used to flash firmware to Samsung devices. Here is a link to it Click me to open
Make sure your Tablet is off and disconnected from your computer.
Click the PDA box and browse for the extracted firmware file.
Then on the Tablet, Press the power button and volume down simultaneously
After a few seconds you will see a box with an android inside saying “downloading”.
To continue you must press the volume up button. Then a screen that gives us the option to continue or cancel.
Press volume up to continue and you will see a new icon that says Downloading.
Now connect your Tablet to your computer via USB.
In Odin, look to the top left and wait until you see in the leftmost box "COM" followed by a colon and a number, such as "COM:4". The number doesn't matter. Once you see that, you can proceed.
In the Message box in Odin, you should see several lines of text.
Press Start in Odin.
Odin will begin processing, and on your screen you will see "Downloading" with a status bar underneath.
When Odin is successfully finished, you will see in the Message box "All threads completed".
Your Tablet should begin rebooting. You can disconnect from the computer.
If your Tablet reboots successfully you're done and it was able to be flashed
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Richie cannot download site -sammobile/firmwares as you asked keeps blocking me everytime I try been trying an hour or 2 but no joy, its probely simple but not being very computer knowledgable its a problem for me, thanks for info, will try again when I`ve had a read up.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, its not the site thats blocking you but something on your computer.
I would suggest you try on another computer Tony.
I have marked this question to never close, so any issues, just let me know here. no time frame one this.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

once again thank you for advice I will try another comp. this one getting past its sell by date prob. needs replacing?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If it does not work with the flashing then yes as it will mean the internal memory that has faulted.
But you only know this after completing my instructions Tony.