Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

A few days ago my phone installed new update,, now the phone

A few days ago my phone installed new update,, now the phone is stuck in headphone mode and i cant remove it. This happened while in the middle of a telephone conversation. Ive even noticed my home screen has changed in the layout. what do you think the issue is ? ( I can hear music the through headphones ) I just cant hear if anyone calls me.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
There is a small switch inside the headphone socket that can get stuck on sometimes.
Try inserting and removing the headphone jack several times and this may release the switch. If it does not, you can use a fine needle to try and release the tiny switch inside the headphone jack socket on the phone.
Let me know how it goes.
Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tried using a needle, still doesnt do anything im afraid.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see the tiny switch inside the socket using a magnifier?
Does it seem to move when you touch it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes i can see the switch and it does not seem right, feels as if its not moving as it should. I think I will take it to shop today and see if they can repair that part. I have about 4.5 months left on an 18 month contract phone package. I dont know if something like this is covered under any warranty or any idea of cost to repair.

This is my second samsung and im debating if i should just upgrade.

what do you think ?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this type of repair would be covered under your warranty in the UK.
They may allow you to upgrade rather than have the phone repaired - see what they say when you go in!
Have a great weekend,
Pete.
Pete, Engineer
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the help and info, I will give them a call today.

Thankyou x

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome :)
Kindly leave a positive rating for my service.
Thanks,
Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Debbie!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Pete,

The phone isnt really working and a small piece of copper wire fell out of the headphone jack, I contacted virgin as its a contract phone and they said it is under warranty so they will send out a bag so i can mail it to them.

I can still use it to talk to people as long as i have the headphones connected. Thats a real bind, but at least it works for the time being.

I need it for my work so im hanging on to it for a few days until i sort out another sim and my old samsung phone.

In answer to your question, would I request you again, the answer is yes but probably if i have laptop issues or want some info on tv aerials and freesat and all the techy stuff that is available. Im not sure if your clued up in that dept but if i had to hazzard a guess I would say you will be.Smile

Thanks again

Debbie