*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I'm trying to connect an LG sound bar via the optical

I'm trying to connect an LG sound bar via the optical connection on a Samsung T31D310EW without any success. Have set TV speaker to external, and have selected the correct optical port on the sound bar but nothing comes out of the speakers. Can you please help?
Kevin
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This sounds like you have the set up correct. You will need to use the LG remote to increase the volume. Have you installed the batteries and tried the volume setting on the sound bar remote?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI,

Yes I have had the volume set to 40! but still no joy

Okay. What is the LG model number?
Do you have another device with optical audio output?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model No. is: NB2430A. I suspect cable at fault, is there anyway of checking it? No, unfortunately I haven't got any other optical device (being a dinosaur!)

Okay, thank you. No, unfortunately there isn't a way to check the cable. The set up is correct. Check that the cable protection has been removed. They have small clear plastic covering each end. The rounded part of the connector should be on bottom and the cable should snap in when fitted properly. If you have that correct then the cable is most likely defective.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have just borrowed an optical lead from a neighbour and it seems to work fine on the sound bar. This obviously confirms that my optical cable is faulty.

Yes, definetly the cable.