Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I bought a samsung TV in UK and moved to Italy. When I try

i bought a samsung TV in UK and moved to Italy. When I try to change country (for channels tuning) it only gives me an otion for UK or Ireland. What do I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
The UK uses DVB-T/MPEG-2 for SD, and DVB-T2/H.264/MPEG-4 for HD transmissions.
Italy uses different transmission formats and settings, so a UK TV will not work there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pete,
The TV works just fine?! The only problem is that when i try to automatically program the channels, it sets them in a weird order (but the programmes guide is correc).
My question is whether there is a firmware update/hack that can allow me to change country to Italy (only option currently available is UK or Ireland) so that when I do an update of the channel lists (e.g. When new channels become available) it doesn't require me to re-order them all manually!
Thanks,
MM
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Italy uses MPEG2 for SD, and MPEG4 AVC for HD, so the TV model you have must also be capable of working, at least partially, in the UK.
Although you may have a European model, it isn't totally compatible with the UK. There isn't any firmware update that can fix this, as a hardware/main board change would also be required.