Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

New Samsung 4k tv not responding to sky hd box: the picture

Customer Question

new Samsung 4k tv not responding to sky hd box: the picture is there but when I try to change channels it switches its self off. I am currently at work and would greatly appreciate it if I could speak with someone about this when I get home unless this can be resolved now? Please, is there a phone number I can speak to someone. I certainly don't mind paying to resolve this situation which is very frustrating. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What switches itself off? The TV or the Skybox?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the tv and the sky box

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, sounds more like an electrical problem, not related to the two devices else they would not both turn on.
Are they plugged into the same power extension board?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To clarify: although the he box does turn off it does'nt in conjunction with the TV remote. I am now unavailable for the next hour. At work
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I dont understand your last message
"although the he box does turn off it does'nt in conjunction with the TV remote"
Can you explain in detail please exactly what is happening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The screen is on. Sky Atlantic. When I try to change channels using sky remote both the set top box and th TV switch off. Then I am unable to turn the set top box on using the remote, unless I press TV, then the box switches on and then off
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, appears you have the remote programmed incorrectly for the TV
First, get the code for your TV model here
http://sky.uebv.com/
Then once you have the code, Press tv on your Sky remote, then hold down select and the red button until the red light at the top of the remote flashed twice.
Enter your four digit code then press select.
Once done, test and it should then be alright. But what your describing is an incorrect code entry on the remote.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I am sure you are right about the remote and I in fact already tried what you suggest prior to contacting yourself and everything I have tried has failed, including buying a new remote. This is very frustrating. Please help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Whats the model of the Tv and which code did you use.
Also, were did you buy a new remote from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about the delay but I am at work. Will follow your instructions and contact you after 4. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok.. sorry confused but you said you already did the instructions I gave you twice. Is this the case or you meant something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am actually at work. Yesterday I bought a new sky had remote and followed instructions but to no avail. Sorry for the confusion. Terry
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok Terry, Do my instructions please tonight. I have marked the question to never close, so if you continue to have issues when you do, then let me know here, there is no time limit on this.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rich. Thanks for your patience. Your assessment of the situation is correct; the issue is def the 'remote'. Having once again following your instruction last night the procedure works perfectly until it comes to entering the code and then the 'remote' switches its self off! The remote is a brand new sky hd model purchased from Azda and the TV is a 48 inch curved Samsung 6500. Does this help? Terry
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What code did you enter in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
0060
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How did you get the code? As I have done a search on all versions on the link I gave you and not once am I given code 0060
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got the code from the leaflet that came with the new remote

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok...
and why are you not doing the instructions I am giving you?
If you are not wishing to do them, no problem, but then we stop here working together as there will be no point. It just seems you are ignoring the messages I send to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To clarify; Last night at home I followed your instructions to the letter as you asked me to do. This morning I am at work and I won't have access to my tv until after 4. Hope this is now clear. There would be absolutely no point in me contacting you just to ignore you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you followed my instructions you would not have had code 0060 from a piece if paper.
Not being difficult, but this doesn't work unless you actually do the instructions I have given you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not going to work out thanks for your time

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, pity as you just needed to follow the initial instructions I gave in order to solve your problem. I am not sure why this is not possible.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will my money now be returned?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you request a refund which you can do here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
I just find it strange why you would never follow the initial instructions I gave you.
anyway, you can get your refund on the above address