Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a kodak ESP3 all in one printer, I have changed the

I have a kodak ESP3 all in one printer, I have changed the Ink cartridges an d switched the machine back on, the machine is showing the fault of having empty cartridges and is not resetting
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes.
Plug the power back in, turn the printer on and tell me if you still get the error.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fault still showing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter
If you put the old cartridge back into the printer, does it still give the fault? As this will rule out the cartridge as the fault.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry Ritchie the old cartridges have been disposed of

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem
We need to rule this out though as it is either the cartridge or the print head thats at fault.
Before the next step, I need to know Peter, is the printer still under warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Ritchie its about four years old

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then we have the following option
you can return the cartridge or purchase new ones and put these in the printer. If the problem stops you know it was a faulty cartridge and can continue to use the printer. If you still have the problem, then the print head will need to be replaced in the printer. You can get a pricing to have this done but in most circumstances and considering the cost of printers it would be more cost effective to purchase a replacement printer.
But this is what you would need to do to confirm if the issue is the print head or cartridge and to repair it which is why it would be very handy to have the old cartridge as you could confirm this without the additional cost of a new cartridge.