Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an Onkyo cd/md receiver FR-V5. It has given good service

I have an Onkyo cd/md receiver FR-V5. It has given good service but has recently started showing the " no disc" logo when perfectly good CD's have been inserted.What can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is an issue with the Lens and commonly they need to be cleaned.
You will need a lens cleaner such as this.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lens-Laser-Cleaner-Cleaning-Fluid/dp/B001NXK7DS
then run the clean and once done, check if it now detects disks.
If not it means the lens has failed. In this case you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. As I suspect the warranty will have expired, first getting a pricing on the repair to determine if it is cost effective as a replacement unit can in a lot of cases be cheaper.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answer which is satisfactory. However, owing to the muddle when my e-mail address was initially rejected, you have taken two payments of £16. Please confirm to me that only one payment of £16 has been taken.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I saw the second payment and I closed it and marked as duplicate which means that one will be refunded to you. Allow some time but thats in process.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.