Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have just moved from Australia and my Panasonic Viera TH-P60GT50A

I have just moved from Australia and my Panasonic Viera TH-P60GT50A will not pick up channels. I have tries to reset to factory default and it will only let me select Australian States and Territories. How do I get it setup for the UK?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.
Your TV firmware (internal software) has designed only for Australia that is why it doesn't work/ pickup channels in different country such as UK etc, unfortunately TV firmware can't be changed but there is an alternate way, get set-top box from local electronics store as the box would have built in tuner designed for UK system, connect the box to TV (HDMI or AV input) and plug the antenna wire in box to scan the channels.
Please check following links to view set-top box detailed info...
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/digital-tv-services/freeview/manhattan-hd-t2-freeview-hd-box-10022634-pdt.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Set-top-Boxes-Sound-Vision/b?ie=UTF8&node=560880
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shahid,

Unfortunately there has been a delay with my Sky box delivery and it will only be installed on Sunday the 7th June. Until this is done, I cannot verify if your feedback has been verified as being correct. Once done, I will be happy to provide a rating. Please send another eeminder on the 8th June. Apologies for any delay.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gary,
Above answer is to get local channels through antenna, Sky box would be different thing/ service that connects directly to TV hence no need of set-top box to connect to TV.