Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a goodmans 500gb satellite hd digital recorder . at

i have a goodmans 500gb satellite hd digital recorder . at more having a problem with box saying on the tv screen ( try Reformatting your hard disk drive) how would i go about this , and whats the cause of this, hope you can help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will need to format the hard disk as the data is either corrupted on it or the hard drive has failed
To do this, in the settings, you will see the option for format HDD
This is what you need to choose
You can see that on page 22 here
<a href="http://www.goodmans.co.uk/support/downloads/user-guides/GD11FVRSD32-ib.pdf"http://www.goodmans.co.uk/support/downloads/user-guides/GD11FVRSD32-ib.pdf
Do this please and when done, tell me please if it now functions correct
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did this but wont allow me to access the library or record anything now, but all channels on screen at the mo

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem
It is the internal hard disk that has faulted. You can use it Chris for viewing TV but you wont be able to use the hard drive has this has failed
In order to use the hard drive it would need to be replaced.
This will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.