Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Connected my kindle to calibre ebook management, 1st

Customer Question

Connected my kindle to calibre ebook management, for the 1st time, in my laptop, drop down window came up asking to allow kindle to be used. I mistakenly clicked on no and now calibre will not recognize kindle when I connect it. Removed and reinstalled caliber but it made no difference, did not get start up window asking to allow kindle to be used.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the Kinde, From Home, select Menu, select Settings.
Select Menu (again), then Restart.
Connect your Kindle to your computer via a Different USB, and restart your computer.
Then try Calibre
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I press home it takes me back to home page. I have a kindle fire model x43z60. how do I get into menu. What you suggested works with a kindle keyboard 3g

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
With the Kindle fire, hold the power button doe for 60 seconds then release, then power it on to restart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did that it brought me back to main screen to access home icon I have to tap search and home icon appears bottom left of screen when I tap or press home icon it brings me back to mail screen again. It does not allow me to accessmenu

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You dont need to John
Just restart the Kindle then connect it to a different USB port on the computer and tell me if the computer now detects it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Calibre does not recognize Kindle

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will have to the reset the Kindle John as we need to rule out the firmware as the problem
This will remove all data and return it to new, but your books are returned when you register it again
To do this,
Slide down the top menu and tap "More...":
On the Settings screen tap "Device":
At the very bottom you'll see the option, "Reset to Factory Defaults". Underneath it says, "Removes all personal data from your device."
Tap it:
Let this complete, then setup the Kindle again then connect it to the computer
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The problem lies with Calibre, I can connect the Kindle to Calibre from my PC and a friends notebook it is only when I tried to connect to my laptop that I have problems because I pressed the wrong button when Calibre asked if I wanted to allow kindle to be access calibre

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok but it should ask each time
With the Kindle connected to the Laptop, click start, computer
Do you see the Kindle listed there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the Kindle is listed there but caliber doesn't recognize it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I want you please to download revouninstaller from my link below please
www.revouninstaller.com
Once done, run it and within this uninstall Calibre. It is important to also choose Advance when doing this and remove the registry files and associated files. You see this when you click Advance. Then select all and delete.
Once done, restart the Laptop, then install Calibre and tell me if it now detects it please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please