Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an ONKYO CR-715DAB CD receiver. The display has gone

Customer Question

I have an ONKYO CR-715DAB CD receiver. The display has gone blank so I cannot use the menu or see what radio station is playing etc. Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Remove the power to the receiver and wait 10 minutes allowing the residue to drain.
Then connect the power and turn it on and tell me if the screen then shows.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just reconnected the power and switched it back on. There is still no display.

Martin

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Martin and sorry it is a very straight forward problem then and that is the LCD screen has failed. The unit is ok, its just the screen itself that has failed
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the not to have the screen replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.