Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Last saturday i ordered 4 kindle books from Amazon and although

last saturday i ordered 4 kindle books from Amazon and although invoiced to me i have not received them on my kindle. Can you help me please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try turn on the Kindle and tell me if you then see the books.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still no books showing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me which model Kindle this is please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no model number for it .Basic kindle purchased in 2012

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the next issue can be its not connected to the wifi network
If you open the book store on the Kindle what happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All tho books i have stored areshown.No problem there.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes as they are stored on the Kindle so do not need internet, I need you to go to the book store itself and see if you can open it and search for books please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model no is D01100Sorry for delay

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but you still havent done the instructions Kathleen
need you to go to the book store itself and see if you can open it and search for books please
Not your books, but new books to see if it has internet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have 124 books on kindle.Never had any problem before.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok Kathleen,
Sorry, not being difficult but I have asked twice now for you to do my instructions, but you seem to ignore them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Think i am a thick silver surfer .Dont understand where i am to look for new books other than at top of list which are on there already.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** then have to reset the Kindle if we cannot test this.
This will wipe all books and return the Kindle to new, but once you register it again your books will be available.
To do the reset, Click the Menu button or, if you have the Kindle Paperwhite, tap the Menu icon (three stacked, horizontal bars) on your Home screen. ...
Select Settings. If you're using a Kindle Touch, you may have to scroll down and then select Settings. ...
Tap or select Menu again. ...
Select Reset to Factory Defaults and confirm.
Then setup the books again and you should now have the books
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry am now so confused i will just leave it unsolved for the present .You did your best.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok.. but you just need to follow the instructions I have been giving to you Kathleen. At least one of them?
I have marked this question to never close though, so any issues let me know
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.