dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

Ferguson F3090, Just stopped on me suddenly and went to red

Ferguson F3090, Just stopped on me suddenly and went to red standby button and freeview didibox went to off at same time. Now I turn on start button and red led comes on, then begins to flicker, Turning on freeview box makes no difference, screen is dead.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Were the Ferguson and the Freeview both plugged in to the same power source? Are they on a surge protector of any kind or direct in to the wall?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What happpenedd was I was watching Channel 34 on freeview , and the suddenly the screen went blank (dead ) and both grren lights turned to red and i couldn't get it started again, Regualr plug in for both to wall

on an extension lead, as it's been for years.

Sorry to hear that...was there any sort of power fluctuation at the time? Something that could have caused a surge?
Afraid the Ferguson might be fried based on your description, have you tried plugging the freeview box in to another TV to see if it is still working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think you're probably right. i almost concluded that myself. TESCO's here i come for a cheapy while i plan my next super duper one, I suspect. Thanks for your help

No problem...sorry about your TV again. Best of luck finding a new one!Thanks for using Just Answer, if you don't mind please do leave a positive rating, would greatly be appreciated. Have a great evening!