*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My broadband is working but I cannot get my Kindle to connect

My broadband is working but I cannot get my Kindle to connect (authentication failed)
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
This sounds like you may be entering the wrong wifi password. Or you may be entering the password ***** We will need to make sure that you have the correct password ***** What is the brand/model of your router/modem and the name of your Internet provider also please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Router from Sky, by Sagecom. Network SKY9E332

Okay. Thank you. Follow these steps please. press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle>
To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
Tap the Quick Settings icon
Select Wi-Fi.
Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
Your home network should appear in the list.
Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
You can find your wireless password (sometimes called a network key) on the back or underside of all Sky routers and on the Connect card or Keep me handy card that came in the Sky router packaging
Make sure you always enter your password ***** capital letters. The password ***** contain any numbers. If you’re asked for a PIN then enter this instead of the password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have followed your instructions and get same result. Authentication failed. There is a lock symbol but I do not have opportunity to enter a Password, it then switches to BT openzone, not my network. I have wireless connection to my printer which is working.

okay, what happens when you tap on the Network SKY9E332 in the list of available networks on the kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

(message) Signal Strength Excellent

Security WPA/WPA2PSK

option given to Cancel/forget/connect

Tap on Connect

-SKY9E332 Authentication commences

(message) Authentication failed, then reverts to BT openzone network

Requests Sign in

-OK -then goes to BT page

okay, follow the steps in this article please>CLICK HERE<
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Smile I have finally connected. After multiple attempts, I was able to connect by entering manually by following the SKY instructions. Many thanks.

Your welcome !
That's great news!
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!