Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Can you tell me why youtube has disappeared from my samsung

Customer Question

Hi! Can you tell me why youtube has disappeared from my samsung ue32d5520 32 full hd led tv since I came backe from holiday?
Lynda
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you power off the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Power it on and tell me if it has returned please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh dearie me, Richard! I'm not at home, just lunch hour at work. But I can tell you that it used the TV yesterday and it switched on and off just fine. I guess we won't be able to go forward on this unless I am at home?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
correct Lynda as you have to do this on the TV, but its not switching it off and on, you have to remove the power to it and wait 10 minutes, then power it back on.
I have though marked this question to never close, so if you have any issues, just let me know here, this is no problem and there is no time limit on this.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that. I will try what you suggest when I get home and get in touch again if youtube doesnt come back. By the way, what about the 'demand 5 and Amazon prime videos issue? They have just never worked on my tv. Does that mean my tv is too old?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It depends, what error do you get? Can you describe how they do not work please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Demand 5 is just a blank screen. so irritating as 'so near, so far', and the Amazon thing asks me to put a code in but I can't get a code because my tv isn't on their Samsung list :-(

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is too old then sorry Lynda and Youtuvbe recently made a change that excluded a lot of devices, and I am worried this includes your TV but we will only know once you have done my instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just hate this about tv's etc. I only bought it 4 years ago - especially for catch up tv. Very disappointed at time to see only bbc and channel 4 on it. Very excited to see 5 come up. Very disappointed that I still can't get it. I guess they want me to buy a new one - anther perfectly good machine in the rubbish dump :-(.

But thanks for trying to help me, Lynda

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the problem now as its more a computer then a TV Lynda and hence, after 3 years it gets outdated.
But the Youtube thing has annoyed a lot of people. It also stopped working on older (perfectly fine) ipads in addition to this.
It is just how it is now unfortunatly.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Richard! I tried what you sugested (pulling the plug for 10 mins or so) and am sorry to say it did nothing. So I guess, case closed until I can afford to buy an updated one.Thnaks any way, Lynda
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats correct Lynda and if you need anything else, please let me know