Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Bush Freesat box which has dropped a number of channels.

I have a Bush Freesat box which has dropped a number of channels. How do I get them back - is there a Channel Reset procedure??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you encounter channels missing from your TV guide, put your Freesat box or Freesat TV into standby for 30 seconds and then switch it back on again. This should see everything restored;
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already tried switching off for second, for minutes, even for an hour or so. I have also tried the box on another HD TV.

Freesat seem to advise a Channel Re-set. Unfortunately I cannot find the manual I got with the box.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, thats the next step Peter
To do this
Press Menu on your remote control.
Navigate to Settings.
Carry out a First Time Install.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done it - thank you! Now my wife can watch QVC!!!!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect!! :)
We just needed to get a rescan done
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richie,

No further questions or advice required for now. Many thanks for your excellent (rated) response. QVC now reigns supreme in this house - for better or for worse!!

Peter Corfield