michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a Pioneer DEH-X6600 DAB car radio, the problem is that

I have a Pioneer DEH-X6600 DAB car radio, the problem is that it's started changing stations /turning itself up and down. please can you tell me what the problem is?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** i would suggest you to reset the stereo to factory default to fix the problem.
You can reset the unit to factory default by disconnecting & re-connecting the 12 volt constant (yellow) power lead. disconnect your car battery and leave it disconnected for 3 mins and then reconnect it back auto tune your stations and save it this will fix the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle,

Thank for your very prompt answer, I will go and try that now.

David.Laughing

Please make sure you disconnect the positive + polarity of your car battery only and leave it disconnected for few mins. Reconnect it back after some times and then set your stereo radio stations and save it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've tried disconnecting the battery via the Negative - , are you sure it's the Positive + one as they always say the negative is the one to disconnect first? At the moment it's still doing the same things.

you can disconnect any one however positive is preferred to be disconnected only and if you disconnect negative first thne you must disconnect the Positive which is necessary and if you disconnect positive the Red Terminal in that case you do not have to remove the negative Black terminal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will try that.

sure and dont forget to tune in channels and save them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much Michelle so far so good keeping fingers crossed everything seems to be working at the moment. Just one more question if that's okay, I have only the screen aerial at the moment would I be better off with a external aerial as I do tend to loose signal sometimes?
David
external Ariel would be always better then the best to get good signal and clear sound with radio stations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Michelle you've been very helpful. David ūüėÄ