Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My lumix camera keeps telling me to remove the lens cap and

Customer Question

My lumix camera keeps telling me to remove the lens cap and turn the camera off and then on. however, the lens cap is already off but it still keeps repeating the screen telling me to take the lens cap off. I cannot take pictures as it won't get past this screen. Can you tell me what is wrong. I have fully charged batteries in it.
Doreen Holmes.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Could you provide the full model number of your Lumix camera?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My LUMIX is a DMC LZ30
Doreen.
Thanks Doreen. Have you attempted to do a reset yet? Are you able to pull up the menu screen at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know how to reset it, cannot access menu. It only goes from remove lens cover message, then turn off and back on again and when I do that the only message that appears is remove lens cover !!
I understand...sorry this is happening to you. How long have you owned the camera?
Unfortunately the only option at this point might be to contact Panasonic customer care to have the camera serviced.