Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a samsung tv with a hdmi port in the back can you

hi i have a samsung tv with a hdmi port in the back can you please tell me what sort of memory card i can buy so my son can put movies on for me to watch i do have a memory stick usb but the end is diffrent can i get a cable to connecked it please helm if you can i am not that good with computers thanks XXXXXXXXX this is my email babs

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. You can not connect a USB drive vis HDMI, what model Samsung TV is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model number is ***** so what can i buy to put movies on to watch on my tv with hmdi in 3 that what it says on back of tv model code is LE40R88DX/XEU

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can not use HDMI as a data port. From what I see it does not have any data capable ports on it at all. That means you would need a second device connected to it. Do you have anything connected to it now? A DVD player, game system, anything like that?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i have a dvd player connected to it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok maybe you can use that, what model DVD player is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a toshiba i dont understand what my dvd has to do with it all i whant to know is can i watch movies throw my hdmi on a device

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
HDMI is not a Data port you can not connect a data device like a USB drive to it at all. You can connect a DVD player to the HDMI and some DVD players can read data devices like USB drives.

You can not use your USB through the HDMI at all. What model Toshiba is it? That way I can find out if you DVD player can handle data drives or not.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model number is ***** for the dvd

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately that can not do it either. That means you either need to have your son burn movies onto a DVD or you will need a new device that is capable of reading data drives. If your son were to use RW discs you can keep using the same discs over and over as they can be overwritten.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks i do not wish to subsribe to the month how do i cancel it please

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news. From what I see you do not have a subscription so this should only be a one time fee. I will send in a report anyway though just to be safe. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.