Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

On turning on my computer a 'pop up' warns of a possibility

On turning on my computer a 'pop up' warns of a possibility of failure in some parts of
Windows Live Please advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.

Hello Patrick! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer? And/or what's the model of your computer?

So every time you turn off the computer, then turn on the computer, it will pop up that warning automatically? Or do you have to open a specific program first?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have Windows 7

Computer - Packard Bell Model viseo190W

The pop up shows on the computer being turned,advises

on contact to make with a response of OK

Are you still able to use the Internet on the computer?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am able to use the computer as normal I have been able to gain entry

into the Windows Live sites

Windows 7 XP

I am uneasy with remote connection (its an age thing-being dragged into the 21st century

I'm sorry, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I can do all the steps for you. But if you do not want remote support, I will provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue.

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would be happy with the written instructions.

Please do not feel offended with this choice NO offence

was intended, as I said its an age thing

Thank you for you assistance in this matter

Looking forward to receiving written instructions

Thank you. First, can you please confirm your Windows version, such as Windows XP, or Windows Vista, or Windows 7, etc., by clicking on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then it will show your windows version there. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 7 Home Premium

Please click on Start->All programs->Accessories->Run...,
, then type msconfig
, then click OK.
, then click on the Startup tab and click on Disable All at the bottom.
, then click on the Services tab, then click on "Hide all Microsoft services" at the bottom, then click on Disable All at the bottom.
, then click OK, and restart the computer and check.

Please let me know; I will troubleshoot further if there is still issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The computer could not restart now unable to connect to internet .

WindowsSecurity Centre.have given red alert I am now unble to respond

Please help

I'm sorry. What happens when you shut down or restart the computer? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have tried restarting but without any success

I'm sorry. Is the internet working on the computer now? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

The internet does not work, but does the warning popup message still show up or not? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pop up no longer appears

Thank you. Please click on Start->All programs->Accessories->Run...,
, then type msconfig
, then click OK.
, then click on the Startup tab and this time, click on Enable All at the bottom.
, then click on the Services tab, then click on "Hide all Microsoft services" at the bottom, then click on Enable All at the bottom.
, then click OK,

, then restart the computer and check that the internet should be working again, but the popup will appear again.

- Please try this: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, and check.

- If that does not work, please click on Start->All programs->Accessories->Run...,
, then type msconfig
, then click OK.
, then click on the Startup tab and this time, uncheck any bad item there, if any.
, then click on the Services tab, then click on "Hide all Microsoft services" at the bottom, then uncheck any bad item there, if any.
, then click OK

, and restart the computer and check both Internet and popup.

; if you do not see or know any bad item, you can uncheck a couple of items at a time, then click OK, and restart the computer, then check both Internet and popup. And/or you can tell me all the items on the list, so I can check.

; this can be technical and time-consuming for you, so if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue quickly for you.

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still unable to connect

Lets go ahead with remote

I'm sorry, I can only connect remotely if the internet is working on the computer. So you Enable all for both the tabs Startup and Services in msconfig , then OK, and restart the computer, but the Internet still does not work on the computer? Please let me know.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for delay in responding

I did 2nd System Restore and have retrived network

All appears to be working well

Thank you for your help

I can get back to celebratig my 77th

birthday

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.