*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

TV picture is pixilated when received via the DMR-EX773EB DVD

Customer Question

TV picture is pixilated when received via the DMR-EX773EB DVD recorder.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Do you have the digital satellite receiver conected to this unit’s AV2 input terminals?

1Aerial cable to the “RF IN” on the digital satellite receiver.

2 RF coaxial cable from the “RF OUT” on the digital satellite receiver to the “RF IN” on the unit.

3 RF coaxial cable (included) from the “RF OUT” on the unit to the “RF IN/AERIAL” on the TV.

4 21-pin Scart cable from the “AV/VCR” on the digital satellite receiver to the “AV2 (EXT)” on the unit.

5 21-pin Scart cable from the “AV1 (TV)” on the unit to the “AV” on the TV.

6 21-pin Scart cable from the “AV/TV” on the digital satellite receiver to the “AV” on the TV

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV aerial is connected to the DVD recorder. A scart lead connects the recorder to the TV. The TV picture is good. The picture is erratic & pixilated when receiving signals from the DVD recorder, both from the aerial input , HDD & disc.
okay, have you tried a different scart cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Correction : An HDMI lead connects the DVD recorder to the TV. Should I try a new lead or use the AUDIO/VIDEO phono connections ?

okay, thank you. How many devices are connected to the DMR?
The images from this unit do not appear on the TV.Picture is distorted. Make sure the connections are pushed in firmly.Try connecting an alternative cable.Make sure recorder is connected to an appropriate AV input of the TV.Make sure the TV’s input setting (e.g., AV1) is correct. The TV isn’t compatible with RGB signals.Set “AV1 Output” in the Setup menu to “Video”.The unit’s “TV System” setting differs from the TV system used by the disc now playing.While stopped, keep pressing [&int;] and [< OPEN/CLOSE] on the main unit for 5 or more seconds.The system switches from PAL to NTSC or vice versa.When this unit is connected with an HDMI cable, use a disc that matches with this unit’s TV system.Picture may not be seen when more than 4 devices are connected with HDMI cables. Reduce the number of connected devices.TV reception worsens or becomes impossible after connecting the unit.This can occur because the signals are being divided between the unit and other equipment.It can be solved by using a signal booster, available from electronics retailers.Broadcast signals may not be output from this unit’s RF OUT terminal. Select “On” in “RF OUT ( Aerial Signal )” in the Setup menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The system with its current connections & setting have been working for a few years. I have ordered a new HDMI cable & a set of AUDIO/VIDEO cables. I will let you know the results.

A Sony tape player is connected to the DMR by a scart lead. Disconnecting this player does not change the TV picture from the DMR.

Sounds good, the new cable may be the solution.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

New HDMI cable does not resolve the problem.

Replacing the HDMI cable connection with the 3 Audio / Video cables does not cure the problem.

okay, sorry about that. I will open the question and let the other experts take a look at it. Thank you for your patience.