Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The tip of the operator key has broken off in our Sam4s Register

The tip of the operator key has broken off in our Sam4s Register it still operates ok but need to get the broken part out to do the z reading, any suggesting's
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Strong magnet is a good idea, though will need to be very strong, but how about two pins and jam them against the broken part and pull it out. Are you able to get the pins on both sides of the key to apply the pressure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would not be able to get two pins in the barrel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you got the barrel out, are you able to thumb the backside of the barrel with a rubber hammer to get this to force out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There's a small electronic circuit on the backside of barrel. If I knew where to buy the barrel and keys I would think this to be an option.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, call 08456 442210 as they have the largest range of spare parts.
Have the exact model number with you and get them to locate the key barrel for you.
There very fast in dispatching, and have a huge range.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Thanks for your time Richie.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome John, but let me know how it goes please.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.