Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

How do I store freeview ans sky channels on model no T31D3

Customer Question

How do I store freeview ans sky channels on model no T31D310?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
The easiest way to do this is to run an auto scan where all available channels will be detected and stored.
If a channel does not get stored, perhaps because the signal is too weak, then you can manually store it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the answer.

I have run auto tuning which says it then stores the channels but with no success. I cannot find an auto scan button anywhere. We have another tv set in another room which is run by the same cable and get freeview on that. It now seems we can get the sky channels on the one we have trouble on but no freeview.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gwen,
To get the freeview channels, you will need to be receiving a strong signal through an antenna. Is there an antenna connected to the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. This is a new tv and we are trying to set it up. Should I get an engineer out in case there is a fault with the antenna?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Yes, if you are not detecting any channels then the antenna will need to be checked. You could check it yourself using a different TV, or you could try using a temporary portable antenna with your new TV. For a long term solution, you will probably have to get an engineer to check your existing aerial.