michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a samsung galaxy 10.1 2014 tablet. I recently purchased

I have a samsung galaxy 10.1 2014 tablet. I recently purchased some headphones. However despite the "pairing" being successful, no sound is heard through them. The headphones work with many other devices in our home, but not the samsung galaxy tablet. They don't even work when I use the wired connection. Please can you help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your Samsung Galaxy tablet, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.
is this the first time you are facing this problem or it never worked earlier as well or it stopped all of a sudden.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tablet has never accepted the headphones

it has a standard universal audio jack which should work with any earphone or headphone, did you try wired headphone and it does not produce sound at all did you check the mute button it must not be on check for volume control and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tablet's volume control is on a low setting, I don't know where the mute control is

make it volume to high and play a song and first and then connect a earphone to see if you can hear on the earphone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just tried that but no success.

We will try to reset the tab to factory restore so backup all you data in an external drive or a computer then i will give you the restore steps.
Data will be lost if you will not save it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm no expert on this. I don't know how to back up data. Is there no other way?

i will make it simple for you, connect the tab to your pc and then you will see a window popup to allow the device to open then you have to allow usb to open the tablet content on your computer and save the data.
There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
If you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
This will include checking of hardware and software failure identifying the root cause and eliminating the problem.
justanswer has a 100% customer satisfaction policy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your time, but I think I will leave it as it is. It's not an urgent issue so thanks but no thanks. I'm just a bit nervous about proceeding.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further